Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Did I ever tell you you’re my hero?

His day started first thing in the morning when a friend’s toilet wasn’t working. Once that was fixed, he was off to work on the church’s manse. Serving, working, helping all day. He comes home, makes dinner and is about to take a shower when he gets my call. I tell him I am stuck with a flat on the entrance ramp to the Turnpike. Here is why he is my hero…..he doesn’t sigh with exasperation; he doesn’t start cursing; he doesn’t complain that he just got home and was starving so I’d have to wait. Here’s what he said:

“Move the car off the ramp, stay inside and be safe. I’ll be there right away.”

And he was. He changed the tire, and insisted on driving the car home in case there was an issue with the tire. I know this sounds so simple, that you are thinking, that is what husbands are SUPPOSED to do. But this is not just a one time occurrence – this is my husband all day every day. He has a true servant’s heart – he is humble, generous and loving. He is my hero.

No comments:

Post a Comment